We just upgraded our dev server (and email engine) to 7.1 patch 6.  We also
installed JRE 1.5.0_18.  Now we are changing our incoming email configuration
(using IMAP with SSL required) to point to our Exchange 2007 server.  It was
working with Exchange 2003, but now it’s not with Exchange 2007.  Here’s part
of the debug file:

DEBUG: getProvider() returning
javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun Microsystems,
Inc]
DEBUG: mail.imap.fetchsize: 16384
* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
A0 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN IDLE NAMESPACE
LITERAL+
A0 OK CAPABILITY completed.
IMAP DEBUG: AUTH: NTLM
IMAP DEBUG: AUTH: GSSAPI
IMAP DEBUG: AUTH: PLAIN
DEBUG: protocolConnect login, host=imap.ndc.nasa.gov, user=ndc\remedydev,
password=<non-null>
A1 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
+
bmRjXG1zZmMtcmVtZWR5ZGV2AG5kY1xtc2ZjLXJlbWVkeWRldgAxcTJ3M2U0ciVUXlkmVSpJ
A1 NO AUTHENTICATE failed.

It looks like it’s not working because it uses AUTHENICATE PLAIN and Exchange
2007 doesn’t accept that (found that on a java sun forum).  It says the work
around is to disable AUTH PLAIN by using this command:

prop.put("mail.imap.auth.plain.disable", "true");

My question is – where do you put this command?  Is it on the Exchange server
or the Remedy server?  Remedy support says it should be changed on the Exchange
server and our email guys say it should be changed on the Remedy server.   If
Remedy server, exactly where does it go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharon

Windows 2003