And if you recall, I was part of one of those "large U.S. Government
Agencies" efforts. Probably the biggest one you had to deal with. But we had
to do some MAJOR re-work of the app we had at that time (5.5) in order to
get that sign-off. The strategies we used and developed partnering with BMC
were not fully utilized in 7.5.

For example, we had to convert every single piece of trim text to character
fields displayed as text so that they could be recognized as a tab stop by
JAWS and WindowEyes.

We had to develop a totally keyboard functional "field level help" system.

We had to strip out images and replace them with character fields containing
data that could be read by a screen reader.

These were just a few.

As a result of that effort with us, BMC came up with some great new coding
ideas and functionality that was released as part of the 7.0 code line and
some good new strategies in implementation.

But (IMHO), it's not the technology or strategy  that is missing, it's the
lack of implementation of that technology or strategy.

I understand that the effort required to deliver a truly Section 508
compliant app is tremendous, but..

Regards,

Tim