Same thing has happened here.  At times, making changes to the server
configuration via the user tool, our ar.conf would get corrupted. (7.1)
Ours was a bit different though -- the lines would end up concatenated --
prefixed with the letter P.

The thread log files (if enabled) will tell you how many fast/list you're
running but that is only written out on restart, or thread allocation.  I
think the Server Statistics will tell you the total threads -- but not
broken out by fast/list.

Not sure of any utilities updated for 7.x ...

Tony Worthington | Sr. Technical Analyst | Kohl?s Department Stores
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive | Menomonee Falls, WI  53051 | office: (262)
703-7763 | e-mail: tony.worthing...@kohls.com