AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 allows characters that do not translate
properly in AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8.  Examples are all your 8-bit ascii
characters.  The code points are different between the two localizations
which means that some other characters may not render properly depending on
how things were written and are now being read.  Try running Oracle's csscan
utility against the db to see what comes back.

Do you see checksum errors in the logs (i.e., invalid definition) in the
arerror.log?

Axton Grams

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My
voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a
spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software,
Inc.