Christopher,

What you are seeing here -- the word INVALID being the password in the
user_cache record -- is a
characteristic of the system disabling the account.  This word will never hash
from any password so the
account is inherently disabled but we can find all accounts that have been
disabled by searching for the
word INVALID.

So, how does a user get disabled by the system?

Generally, the cause of this is having a "maximum number of bad passwords"
setting and there being a
set of login attempts of that user with bad passwords that exceed the maximum
count.

Do you have user logging on during the night to see if there are attempts to
login as this user and getting
bad password attempts?

There is a bad password attempt counter on the user_cache record.  What is that
number when you see the
password as INVALID?

Could there be an old integration somewhere that runs periodically that runs
during the night that causes the
buildup of bad passwords and you have changed the password?  Maybe during the
day, other integrations
are running which are OK and they cause a reset so this bad password doesn't
trigger except during quiet
times when other things are not running?

I don't know of another reason that the word INVALID is written to the
user_cache record.  A change on 1st
login would not because you need your password to get in and then you are asked
to change it.  Marking a
user as disabled or something leaves their password record there.

So, I assume you have the setting for max bad passwords before invalidating the
user feature active -- if not,
I am very confused at this point how the word INVALID is getting in the
user_cache.

And, then, it is tracking down where the bad login attempts for the user Demo
are coming from.

I don't know if we are logging anywhere that a user is being invalidated for
too many bad passwords.  But,
you may want to see if there is a note in the server error log.

I hope this gives a pointer to help track down what is happening.

Doug Mueller