From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Angus Comber
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2010 6:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AR User Tool Deprecated?

Hi Joe

Our thin client integrations do in fact use javascript for integration.

In a nutshell the client programming issues with web are as follows:
1. To access the javascript you need to first latch onto the web browser
instance which requires custom code for each web browser.
2. WUT has a MDI interface which yes is a proprietary Windows technology but
you can have powerful control of form instances etc.  This is harder with
web clients.
2. WUT has more control from Remedy client -> third party client due to the
fact that there are not the same security restrictions as on a web browser.
Eg you can't run process with a web client.

We support whichever versions of Remedy clients are likely to be using.

The ideal interface from our point of view would be a interface which we can
access via the server but which would provide the ability to 'push' to the
relevant client.  I am thinking the Remedy soap interface may provide this.
We need to test.  Service Desk Express have something like this with their
push service.  We also need a way for a user to send a message from web
client and be able to detect this message - hopefully via soap or some other
interface.

Does anyone know if the soap interface could provide this?  I have doc, just
need to get reading.

Angus