From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Angus Comber
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:19 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AR User Tool Deprecated?

I believe this is true and think BMC are making a big mistake for the
following reasons:

1. The thick client has a client based API, using COM, which is used by many
third party products, including our own, and this capability is really
useful for integration with other products.  All this functionality will be
lost.

2. It is administrators, not users, pushing for web front ends, simply for
deployment reasons.  Users prefer responsive, rich functionality
applications.  Anyone who has used Siebel will know what I mean.

I have no problem with a web alternative but if they go for thin client
only, then that is not good news from my perspective.

Angus