Thanks Eli, We're using Oracle. I will share this with our DBA's!

Vi

Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:48:18 -0700
From: eli.schill...@thecreek.com
Subject: Re: timeout error
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**

Vianna,

What database system are you using?  Perhaps you need to rebuild indexes?

The overview console actually utilizes a plugin to compile related tickets.  If
you have a vast number of open tickets or your people are in numerous groups,
it could take a while to gather the info thus causign the timeout.  (more info
on overview console below)

In Problem or Incident Management again it would depend on the number of
assigned groups and open tickets.  Highly recommend rebuilding indexes and
performing consistency checks on your database.

Have you captured SQL logs to see what type of database activity is going on
when you open the consoles?  You can copy and paste those queries into the
qeury function of whichever DB tool you use and see how long they take when
executed directly against the DB.

Overview Console Info:

The Overview Console Table is populated using a plugin. The plugin returns
records from forms that are defined the SHR:ARDBC_OverviewConsoleTemplate form.
The Plugin will look at the Form Guid in this form, and search that form. For
example you may see the following 8 records in the
SHR:ARDBC_OverviewConsoleTemplate:

FORM NAME

FORM GUID

TMS:Task