<rant>
Quite often (wrong or right) "Best Practices" is a matter of opinion that
can change from customer to customer. I realize it's a standard decided upon
by those who think they know what's best for the rest of us, but some
customers really could not care less what ITIL (or Gartner, or BMC, or
anyone else) recommends. If the customer demands a "classic view", BMC can
either provide one or we'll cobble together something that the customer will
have to maintain going forward.

Personally, I find the "Best Practices" view confining. It does seem
designed for your average call-center worker who just enters tickets all
day. I don't think it works as well as BMC thinks it does if you have staff
that are more like a combination of helpdesk/tier-1,2,3. Especially if they
require additional customer-specific fields added.

I guess my question is -- with the MYRIAD of views that install out-of-the
box across the ITSM suite, is a single additional view (the classic-view)
really that big of a deal to continue to support? Does that one, particular
view in the entire ITSM-Suite break the piggy-bank and so it must be
removed?  (Seriously - I have no idea if it does or not and it well may for
some reason).

With no other info to go on, I can only wonder that the realm of possible
reasons may span:
- Some unknown-to-me technological brick-wall, or some other insurmountable
issue prevents continuing the classic-view.
- Someone at BMC called an audible and just arbitrarily decided that the
classic-view needed to go away to force those ill-behaved customers onto
some BMC-Decision-Maker's pet project: "The Best-Practices View".

Heck if I know. All I know is that it will be sorely missed by customers who
remember it.

And don't get me started on the painful differences in usability &
performance in doing something as (normally) simple as exporting records:
web-client -vs- the WUT.

Speaking of which, when they sunset the WUT, someone needs to market a
replacement. I think that decision by BMC will provide someone an
opportunity to make some money.
</rant>

JDHood