This isn't based on anything but educated guesses, so with that in mind let
me see if I have the structure down:

In pre-7.6 versions, relationships between People and CIs were dealt with by
querying the CTM:People form.  That was ok, but a case can be made for
managing specific people (not necessarily all) in the CMDB.  So the 7.6 way
we're talking about now is at least a transitional shift away from the
standard people forms toward using the CMDB BMC_People form for setting
relationships between CIs.  That makes a cleaner relational model as well as
a more flexible one.  It also has the benefit of allowing customers who use
a CMDB apart from ITSM the ability to easily do so without giving up the
ability to track people/CI relationships.  Seems a sound strategy to me.

Thoughts?

Rick