Hi Claire,

The last example is the most correct. The lengthy and difficult to use
GUID is generated by the system if no ID is provided on a segment
create so you are not forced to use them and you could use friendlier
names, as long as they are unique. I prefer to use business time
entities as it is an easier way to link a bunch of time segments
together. When business entities are used it is common to do a lookup
of this table to find the ID from a friendlier name. Pretty sure this
is how the SLM code does it.

A couple of other tricky things with business time is that even when
using entities you still need to provide 2 time segments and these
have to be real although they can be set to not block out any time.
The business time commands run on the server so if using them from
active links you need to use the @@ syntax.

Rod Harris