From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of John Sundberg
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 11:32 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SRM - Colors & 'Branding'?

**

My experience (from what our customers ask for)

Logo swapping and color replacement != branding...

Compare:
http://www.bk.com/
http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/home.html

http://www.homedepot.com/
http://www.lowes.com/

And - not only that -- but the larger the company -- the more
brands/themes/catalogs they want.

So - not only do they want theming -- they want multi-theming, etc...

So - if you are looking to have a Service Catalog/Request Management
application actually be an extension of your company -- Kinetic is a good route.

And I get this info -- from the people who already tried to implement the
alternative.

I have found - the half-life of serious Request Management projects is about 1
year. (And that is - if they actually get past "launching")

You will find if you are successful or not - in that time frame.

Of which -- when serious customers have finally come to the realization that
the "bundled" service catalog does not cut the mustard -- then the come to us.

Now of course -- you also get the drag-on of (next version will do X) -- blah
blah blah...

Kinetic has had theming (proper) since DAY 1...

It was designed for it.

BTW - All the big vendors ITSM suites come with a bundled Request Management -
of which I find few companies actually like. (I am not just talking about our
favorite one)

You see that nice shiny floating thing in the water???

It comes bundled with a "treble-hook" -- beware...

-John