William,

I got the same issue on MS SQL on a remote server and find it very slow to
start-up.

Are you using FQDN (fully qualified domain name) for all server references
within BMC? With a correct setup in you DNS servers it should not make a
difference. I found that we had less issues and quicker startup if I used FQDN
for all server references.

Your RAM your your mid-tier sounds low to me. Bring it up to 4 CPU's and
minimum 4 GB RAM. This make no difference in start up for the app server.

~
Terje

Sent from my iPad

On 1 Mar 2012, at 16:26, "William Abdo"