All the transactions triggered by a specific action (e.g., active link push
field, which in turn triggers filter processing) are processed in a single
transaction.  If an error is encoutered, the entire set of transactions are
rolled back.  If not error is encountered, the entire set of transactions
are committed.

A direct SQL (update, insert, etc.) will not trigger filter processing on
the target form.

If you want to use SQL to update the records, you need to use either the DB
view (e.g., HPD_HELP_DESK) or the DB table (e.g., T1234).  The column names
in the view and the table will not exactly match your field names.