You do not do a select *..

If you want to map specific values to specific known number of fields, you select those individual fields..

select field1, field2, field3, field4 from table_view where .......

To map the results to fields on a form in a set field, you use $1$ for field1, $2$ for field2, $3$ for field3 etc. from the SQL result..

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: smiley Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 11:14 AM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: to commit or not to commit... that is the question

Hi all -

Wow - I was able to run a SQL statement in ARUtilities!
SELECT * FROM HPD_Help_Desk
And I can see all the column names.... but have no clue how to map them to
the name of the fields...

(Thank you  JLBess and Axton for your replies!!!)

how can I find the name of my new columns so I can update with $USER$ and
$TIMESTAMP$ ??

thank you again!!!