I was suspecting you might have been trying to say that. However I am not
able to reproduce that exactly the same way as you. I do loose control of
the position but it goes just one row above for me. This is the exact steps
I took.

Method 1

1) Selected a form that has about 70 odd fields that can be set using a set
field action on an active link.

2) Selected fields to be set 1 by 1 until the scroll bar appeared.

3) After the scroll bar appeared I  had to click the down arrow key to
access the next available row to select my new field

4) I had to repeat step 3 until the end.

Method 2 (if I didn't want to click the down arrow key to access the next
spot)

1) Selected a form that has about 70 odd fields that can be set using a set
field action.

2) Selected fields to be set 1 by 1 until the scroll bar appeared.

3) After the scroll bar appeared, I had to click on  the next available row
as 2 empty rows would be available in a maximized mode.

4) I had to repeat step 3 until the end.

If I selected method 2 and then after the scroll bar appeared and I added
the field, even after restoring the AL to a normal window mode (not
maximized), the 2 additional empty rows at the bottom auto appeared without
me having to click on the down arrow of the scroll bar.

So I do not see the condition you describe..

I am on ARS 7.6.04 Patch 003 using Windows 2008 server.

Joe

  _____