From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Differ, Alfred W CTR PHD NSWC, 210
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:05 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: REMEDY ADMIN NEEDED in Colorado Springs, CO - SECRET CLEARANCE - 6
Month Contract to Hire - $80-100K (Based on experience) - Contract Rate
$38-48/hr

This is a good discussion about the distinctions involved in the type of work
we all do and how the cost of living impacts offers.
It is even more cool when people in the area speak up in defense of the group
recruiting for the job. It helps all of us sift out the real people from the
wanna-bees.

Whoever goes for this will have a clearer idea of what they are applying for
now. 8)

I've done both contract and FTE work and I know there is no good way to compare
rate expectations. The 2x factor for 1099 contracts is just a start.

Good luck to all involved.

-al

Alfred Differ - Sr. Database Engineer
NDTI / NSWC PHD