2012 os, 2012 sql server  (multiple instances) I am using a name instance
called remedy.
Checking... ssms connects fine with the  ip\remedy  in the hostname  or
hostname\remedy which is the named instance name no problem.
logged on to the sql server I see the port 1435 coming in from the ip of
the remedy server (SSMS) not because of remedy install.

Patrick Zandi