Same here!

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of LJ LongWing
Sent: 26 August 2014 15:29
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Using an ID like 1000000001 (BMC Software's development field
range) in a home grown custom form...

**

I would if I were you :)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Joe D'Souza <jdso...@shyle.net
<mailto:jdso...@shyle.net> > wrote:

**

Is there any repercussion from using a field ID like 1000000001 in a custom
build form?

This field ID is the Company field ID in the COM:Company form and I wanted to
build a ‘staging/integration’ form to accept data using AIE, process it if
necessary, before I push it to the ‘Load’ form. To make the Push fields easier
and speed up my development time, I wanted to use the same Field ID’s and Field
names.

The above specific ID was just an example. I intend using the same ID’s for
other staging forms I build for location, site, people etc. as the ID’s in
their respective foundation forms.

To the best of my knowledge from the documented reserved ranges, the ranges
used for the foundation data in the foundation forms, are not reserved ranges
for any functional type of fields. Sure they are within the BMC Software range
that is used by their developers for their applications, but since this
staging/integration form is fully custom, I see no harm using those Field
ID’s.. Did anyone have any issues doing the same?

Joe