Address:  106 Moosehorn Road, Northfield, CT  06778

“Try to help others, if you are not able to be of help, then at least do
them no harm.” Dalai Lama

----- Forwarded by Julia James/Hartford/IBM on 08/26/2014 09:39 AM -----

From:   LJ LongWing <lj.longw...@gmail.com>
To:     arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date:   08/26/2014 09:31 AM
Subject:        Re: Using an ID like 1000000001 (BMC Software's
development field range) in a home grown custom form...
Sent by:        "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)"
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

**
I would if I were you :)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Joe D'Souza <jdso...@shyle.net> wrote:
**
Is there any repercussion from using a field ID like 1000000001 in a
custom build form?

This field ID is the Company field ID in the COM:Company form and I wanted
to build a ‘staging/integration’ form to accept data using AIE, process it
if necessary, before I push it to the ‘Load’ form. To make the Push fields
easier and speed up my development time, I wanted to use the same Field
ID’s and Field names.

The above specific ID was just an example. I intend using the same ID’s
for other staging forms I build for location, site, people etc. as the
ID’s in their respective foundation forms.

To the best of my knowledge from the documented reserved ranges, the
ranges used for the foundation data in the foundation forms, are not
reserved ranges for any functional type of fields. Sure they are within
the BMC Software range that is used by their developers for their
applications, but since this staging/integration form is fully custom, I
see no harm using those Field ID’s.. Did anyone have any issues doing the
same?

Joe