Hi Carina,

We are running Mid-Tier, but with Tomcat on it's own and without HTTPD.
You do not need httpd to run mid-tier unless you want to host other
"normal" web sites/pages.

Mid-Tier is perfectly happy on Tomcat only.
(You can even configure Tomcat to bind on Port 80 in stead of 8080 if you
want to.)

Best Regards,
Theo