The Digital Pioneer wrote:

OK. I believe I understand... But, when should one ues CMYK and when should
one use RGB?

As a general rule, CMYK is for print and RGB is for anything displayed on a video monitor or projector (website, Impress presentation, Flash movie, etc.).

I don't have GIMP installed on this computer, so I can't tell you if it supports CMYK color models, but I'd be rather surprised if it didn't.

--
Steven Shelton
Twilight Media & Design