Hi Caroline,

The error message you're seeing suggests that your cmake version (check with
`cmake --version`) is not recent enough. You need to have at least cmake 3.18
installed. If your operating system does not provide a newer version and you're
using anaconda or miniforge as your python environment, you can install a newer
version that way (with `conda install cmake`).

If you're not using an anaconda flavor, it is also possible to install cmake
via pip with `pip install --user cmake`. You then just have to make sure that
you call the right cmake binary when configuring ARTS. You might have to
provide the full path to the pip cmake version, e.g. `$HOME/.local/bin/cmake ..`

Cheers,
Oliver