|
Regarding Dan's ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) comments: I would make code enforcement so tough in this town that there wouldn't be a gum wrapper on the street. Many places look like crap. Either the landlord doesn't give a rat's ass or they get tired of fixing them up and tenants wrecking them. Probably a mixture of both. Solution - throw the trouble makers out and/or seize properties - not eminent domain - police power - public nusiance - NO COMPENSATION. Anyone who doesn;t want to play nice can just get out of town. Increase affordable home OWNERSHIP, not subsidized housing. Rent control = death. Based on those comments alone, I'd say Dan for city council, Dan for
mayor. (And I'm not being sarcastic, facetious, or ironic; sometimes hard
to tell on this board.)
I know it is still controversial, but I do remember the dramatic
positive results in NYC when the "broken window theory" and zero tolerance were
effected in the early 1990s.
The only tough code enforcement I've heard about here is mostly targeted at
people who are trying to fix up their properties or businesses.
BTW: A long time ago here, there was a discussion about scheduled
street cleaning/sweeping and no parking or alternate parking to allow for that
cleaning. Anyone know what the actual regulations / schedules are if they
do exist?
SPONSORED LINKS
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
__,_._,___ |
- [AsburyPark] Re: A Liberal's Liberal On Rent Control Steve
- [AsburyPark] Re: A Liberal's Liberal On Rent Control dfsavgny
- [AsburyPark] Re: A Liberal's Liberal On Rent Control oakdorf
- Re: [AsburyPark] Re: A Liberal's Liberal On Rent Contro... MarioAPNJ
- [AsburyPark] Re: A Liberal's Liberal On Rent Control Sharon Boone
