Thanks for your fast response Stuart.

I agree that if I correct the errors that you found
when you validated, that might fix the issues. But
like I thought, I would have to become a CSS guru,
which I am not. My web coding days go back to the HTML
3.2 time, which one can tell by my terrible code in my
table that creates my header.

By fixing a few of the obvious mistakes that I made, I
have basically reduced it down to two issues in regard
to validation.

If I validate on XHTML 1.1 Strict then it has 12
errors. You can see the resulting xhtml at:

mowestusa.nixsyspaus.org

However, if I validate against XHTML 1.0 Transitional
I only have one error.

I don't have a <title></title> in the header, which I
can't figure out how to do in Asciidoc without messing
up my header table and the look of the page.

The other 11 errors from XHTML 1.1 Strict had to do
with things that should be corrected with proper CSS.
I assume the only way I could do that is by altering
the asciidoc default CSS templates, which is something
I did not want to do because I'm not a CSS guru.

All that being said I did find the offending code. It
was in the <table> element. I had used align="left"
which is a no no in XHTML 1.1 Strict. Once I took that
out it now displays well in IE and Firefox. I still
have the other 10 errors that could be fixed with
proper CSS and the missing <title> error, but I'm
unsure how to fix those without getting myself into
things I don't understand well.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Any
more direction would be appreciated, like good CSS
books or free online tutorials, or other ideas on
simple changes to my code or the default templates of
asciidoc.

mowestusa

<http://dot.kde.org/1035902091/1035955663/1035985451/1036004952/1036014424/1036342967/>