Well, last night I decided to finally do this right.
No matter what I did I could not get my header to look
right and get everything to validate under xhtml 1.1
Strict. So I decided that I would look into Stuart's
script that he uses to build the Asciidoc website.

After a few issues that I was able to figure out, I
got my site to use the same script with some changes.
I have it building my site for me now, and it works. I
have a nice looking site (of course looks very similar
to the Asciidoc site) and everything validates now.

Thanks for all of the help, and direction. I would
like to say thank you to Stuart, you have created some
really nice default CSS that looks nice as a website.
Thanks for the hints about Firebug and Web Developer,
I have been using them today to get things tidy.
Thanks for a great program, that let people like me
focus more on my writing and less on managing a
website and creating attractive documents for the web.

You can see the valid result at:

mowestusa.nixsyspaus.org

mowestusa