Hi,

Let's say I have the following code :

[source,shell,numbered]
----
some source
code
yeah!
----

If my source code contains a line with only dashes (at least four) it will
prematurelly close my source block, this is not what I want…

I found the two following solutions :

1) Use an open block :

[source,shell,numbered]
--
some source
--------

Then, only a line with exactly two dashes would prematurelly close the
block. This is still problematic because I may encounter such files.

2) Add four spaces in front of all lines of the source :

[source,shell,numbered]
----
    some source
    code
    ^^^ line of dashes, no problem
    yeah!
----

This is better as it would allow me to have lines of dashes (of any length)
in my source but those four spaces will be presents in the rendered
document…

Do you have any advice ?

Stef