Mahanta da Salute
  Jyatirmay posed some questions-:
  >- Why do they reside in a foreign country, the population of which is
creating economic and social disorder in our state?

  >- Why don't they fight the Indian Army but hide in their holes when
confronted? Why do human rights become a big issue when their members are
killed and not when innocents are getting maimed and killed by their bomb
attacks at public places?

  >- Why do they plant bombs in public places and kill innocent people?

  >- They seek whereabouts of missing ULFA members, what about all the people
they have killed. Are they going to give the reasons?

  You first did your patented qualitative analysis of these questions to
classify them as dumb, dumber and dumbest. But let me assure you, many people
in Assam are asking these seemingly dumb questions. While trying to work out
intelligent responses to these dumb questions, you came out with not dumb; but
some very disgusting explanations. And in the process you:
  Justified ULFA’s extortion as a form of TAXATION
  Endorsed the hobnobbing with ISI and BDesh Jehadis as a STRATEGIC ALLAINCE
  Defended the killing of children and civilians as a modus operandi of the
CONFLICT.

  Can we go back to your intelligent responses to these dumb questions one by
one?

  TAXATION
  Try explaining this taxation scheme to those belonging to the samples I have
given below. I am just limiting to few-with little effort I can post to you
some copies of extortion notices (sorry tax advices) also.
  1)      This guy from humble background from Abhayapuri by grace of
reservation/education in an engineering college gets a job in Public sector
(OIL-Duliajan). Settles down, gets married and commits his first mistake of
family life-taking an easy PSU provided loan buys a brand new Maruti 800 (it
was late eighties). The happiness was short lived-the new car was whisked away
never to be seen again for Xongothon activities. Served him right for being
materialistic!!
  2)      Try explaining this taxation to tea tribes who have to resort to
strike every year for timely payment of few thousands of rupees as Puja bonus
where as their employers have to pay millions of rupees to these outfits. By
the way as you can see-the polarization is complete now. These guys will rip
you apart if you talk of independence and taxation. There is no
solidarity-leave alone on the ULFA front but also on the army atrocities on
innocent people as long as people dying are from the other side of the fence.
  3)      Or to the GMC trained Assamese government doctor posted in Diphu
donating part of his monthly salary to UPDS coffer.
  4)      Or to this Assamese teacher in NC Hills (few of the last remaining
breed-will be forced to rush to plain as soon as Dimaraji is claimed) who is
visited by Hindi speaking DHD cadres every month.
  5)      Or to those contractors who still dare to do some theeka thukali in
Bodoland.

  By the way is there any rare instance of this taxed money being used for a
purpose like monetary help to those innocent people killed by armed forces in
the name of ULFA hunting? Do you know of any instances?

  STRATEGIC ALLINACE
  Mahanta da –you gave a good justification why some of the ULFA leaders are
holed up in BDesh. Strategic reason-good reasoning! Ram da unnecessarily
lambasted you on this. Can I ask you a personal question?
  How far will you go on endorsing such spineless strategic alliance where the
voice of the protagonist gets muffled by those pulling the strings? And if
tomorrow they take this BDesh/ISI aided anti-India stance to extreme and
declare that they would like to see Assam as an independent IRA (Islamic
Republic of Assam) asking a segment of squabbling people forgo their religious
independence for the sake of national independence of Assam. Will you still
support them and endorse this as a “strategic shift”. Or you have set some
limit up to which you will go on supporting ULFA’s strategic alliance and then
no further.
  No it is not a trap question for you. May be your personal response will give
us an indication of importance the proponents place on various binding
identities on which they seek to hold together the people in an independent
nation.
  On my part personally I would welcome such declaration like IRA-it will at
least remove some ambiguity about what kind of nation ULFA wants. Secular is no
different from what we have now. BDesh sheltered and ISI supported (no first
hand info-just what I read from newspaper) ULFA can not afford to declare Assam
as a Hindu nation. And as it stands Islam is the most widely practiced religion
in Assam if you place it against the fragmented composite Hinduism practiced in
Assam. From what I sense from your posts, religion is not much of an issue for
some of the broad minded people. Can we do away with this Assamese language bit
also and adopt an international language like Bengali or English?
  I will wait for your response on this.

  CONFLICT
  Your explanation of violent CONFLICT was amusing. 18 year old boy strapping
bomb on motorbike to kill himself (accidentally-no official ULFA human bomb
till now) and a sixty year old is your idea of conflict. And who are the
victims of this VIOLENT CONFLICT?  The children of Dhemaji and Tinsukiya
Bihari!!. “We dare not go near Indian army, so lets kill the poor laborers” is
that the logic of this violent CONFLICT  ULFA is waging?

  Lastly I will just touch two of your points

  ***But, I have often said that if the ulfa or some other group was really,
really fighting for a cause, and with all sincerity, I would be the first one
to at least give them the respect they deserve (even if I do not agree with
their cause).

  Mahanta da-respect , agreement, disagreement pisor kotha.
  What is the cause-independent Assam? Have they shown sincerity to the cause
by removing the abstractness around the geographical limit of the entity they
are fighting for? Have they shown the sincerity to the cause by spelling out
how their independent Asom fits in with Bodoland and Kamatapur of their teen
patti mates of Bhutan camps (KLO and NDFB)? Have they shown their guts by
saying any thing on issues like Bangladeshi infiltration, balkanization of
Assam in the name of territorial councils, or humiliation of Assamese national
institution like AXX in Brahmaputa valley itself? Or we should believe that
ULFA will spell out its policies on all these after the independence is gained.
And till then we should give the respect they deserve for the cause they are
fighting??
  But given their martyrdom to surrender ratio, what is the guarantee that
those who are waging this so called struggle will not make a perfect Volta face
tomorrow?

  *** Surely YOUR support or for that matter of others in your camp is NOT what
ULFA has been surviving all these decades. Obviously it is from the support of
those who you do not see or prefer not to recognize when you see them. Thus
your definition of ULFA's
  'sincerity' is quite irrelevant to the resolution of the conflict. IF you and
others are SEEKING a resolution to the conflict, then the question would be
WHAT are you contributing to its resolution?
  Why Mahanta Da –can I ask? Just because Ram da and his camp members are net
savvy you feel they would be far removed from ground realities of Assam. If you
half Ram da’s age-may be you will have thousands who have access to net who are
based outside Assam but whose parents , brothers, cousins are based in Assam.
The guy may be in Delhi but his brother may be a sympathizer or victim of ULFA.
JB college/JEC trained, OIL mentored guy may be in Doha earning in dollars (and
reading assamnet post during lunch breaks), but his parents in Sivsagar may be
paying the extortion amount (luxury tax as you may like to say).
  Things have really changed. Cyber connectivity does not mean loss of
connectivity from Assam. And for recent immigrants like us-ami jihetu puliye
pukhai utha di aha nai-what we think is not necessarily what we see or surf but
what our friends and relatives and cousins are undergoing in Assam.
  But things are different for people like you who seem to be living in a time
wrap. I don’t blame you. You left Assam when Bihu ,Durga Puja and Tithis were
the only occasions celebrated in Assam. By the time we left in late
nineties-Baisagu, Chilaria Divx, Me-dam-me-phi, Ali-ai ligang were the in
things.
  And now the latest-have you heard what they call -Besama?

  Reply dibo dei!!!!

  Regards

  Chittaranjan Pathak