DnYbad bafedL! Aañ bñr r’maN inym met 'Aa*KI' bananeqa Akhi hb laeg Aakhee nhy, en ik ky?

"started off writing my name as 'Alpona', and may be - just may be, less people would have made the mistake" -- B’Dew

buijela!  eten~k, Raxi nameqa býet raK`iC ba raKiC ba raiË buil Bul kirb paer nhyen bañ? raK`iC ba raKiC ba raiË Aidebaer AsmIyat ik ik AT^ ker bañ?

emar Baelf, DnYbad ...

eBagalI ibýr  öeB¤Ca Aañ A¯©©irktaer,

ribn

Alpana Sarangapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Rabin:

I wrote 'Ankhee', because I know that is how 'Aa*KI' writes her name. If she wrote 'Aakhee', I would have written it as 'Aakhee' too. Proper nouns are written like they are in the original language.

See, some people write my name as 'Alpona' - because that is the way it is pronounced, and that may be the right spelling too - they might think. But when I took the name (I mean, my mother named me) and started off as that when I went to my 'pathsala' school, I would prefer people writing my name as I write it - 'Alpana'.

But I will tell you a secret: even though it is upto me as to how to spell MY name, it is good to hear/see the "right" pronounciation or the spelling of a name. So, when people, that are not familiar with the name, massacre the name by pronouncing it as 'Alpina' (Aalipna) or 'Alpena' (Aalepna), or 'Alpenia' (Aalepinya), then I think I should have started off writing my name as 'Alpona', and may be - just may be, less people would have made the mistake. But I won't - because it is my name :-), and it is just impossible to correct (or please) everyone anyway, isn't it?

So, how are you doing? Write a line or two whenever you can.

eBagalI ibýr  öeB¤Caer,
--b'deu.