From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: 20 December 2011 15:30
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: HLASM macros in z/OS UNIX subdirectories.

Just for learning, and fun (FSVO "fun"), I'm doing some programming in HLASM
for z/OS UNIX. In the spirit of things, I'm keeping the source in UNIX
subdirectories and using the "make" UNIX command, in an interactive UNIX shell,
to control the assembly (using the "as" UNIX command) and linking (using the
"ld" UNIX command). I've run into an irritation. I like to keep my UNIX file
names in __lower__ case. The source code in my assembler invokes one of my
macros. The source is in lower case. I get a "macro not found" error because
the assembler UPPER CASES the macro name before looking for the macro. I guess
I understand why HLASM does this. But is there __any__ way to have HLASM r6.0
(PTF UK54260) use lower case? Or am I stuck with making my UNIX resident macro
names UPPER CASE? I know that I have the -I to search my UNIX subdirectory set
correctly because if I make the UNIX file name UPPER CASE, then it assembles
cleanly.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone *

<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>