On 12/20/2011 8:29 AM, McKown, John wrote:
Just for learning, and fun (FSVO "fun"), I'm doing some programming in HLASM for z/OS UNIX. In the spirit of things,
I'm keeping the source in UNIX subdirectories and using the "make" UNIX command, in an interactive UNIX shell, to
control the assembly (using the "as" UNIX command) and linking (using the "ld" UNIX command). I've run into
an irritation. I like to keep my UNIX file names in __lower__ case. The source code in my assembler invokes one of my macros. The
source is in lower case. I get a "macro not found" error because the assembler UPPER CASES the macro name before
looking for the macro. I guess I understand why HLASM does this. But is there __any__ way to have HLASM r6.0 (PTF UK54260) use
lower case? Or am I stuck with making my UNIX resident macro names UPPER CASE? I know that I have the -I to search my UNIX
subdirectory set correctly because if I make the UNIX file name UPPER CASE, then it assembles cleanly.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone *

Well, it's a little hokey, and I'm not able to test it right
now, but what about having a series of 'copy' statements at
the front of your program that copy in the macro files?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html