Too much space has already been devoted to my notionally 'uppity' style.

It may, however, be that there is something in this notion.  Many of
you have some familiarity with current metereological explanations of
atmospheric thunder.  It is not the clanging of God's balls or even
that of Thor's anvil.  I should not of course wish to censor the
expression of views that it is or indeed of analogous superstitions
about HLASM programming, but I see no reason for concealing my sharp
disagreement for them.  To quote a great physicist, "People are
entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts'.

I am delighted to be patient with and if possible helpful to those who
want to learn; but I have no plan to temper my criticisms of views
that seem to me to be nonsense.  Popularity contests interest me not
at all.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA