As long as the target of the execute is not in a D-bank cache line, you
shouldn't see a big "hit" in processing cycles.

If it is, then it has to be flushed out, refetched to I-bank, pulled into the
pipe, processed, flushed back out, and then back to D-bank (if still needed).
This is based on my memory of the process when we first went to 256 byte cache
lines w/ I/D bank caching.

Sent from my iPhone