On 2016-11-23 07:19, aldo.cro...@csebo.it wrote:
> I think it is appropriate to use a EXRL (execute remote) intest a EX.
> I also think that it is appropriate to place the subject of education
> execute close to the EX, preferably after a statement of unconditional
> branch.

Is it recommended for legibility/maintainability that the subject appear
adjacent to the EX rather than after a nearby unrelated branch?

What effect does an unconditional branch have on branch prediction/pipelining?
http://www.wrenvironmental.com/commercial/services/pipelining/

Is LOCTR a help?  I can imagine the frustration of a programmer trying to
correlate a dump with a listing where the author has used LOCTR heavily
and wishing that HLASM had an option to generate SYSPRINT in address order
rather than in source order.

Does HLASM have an instruction to cause cache line alignment?  Such an
instruction would need to be model-sensitive, perhaps governed by OPTABLE.

-- gil