The closet instruction is HLASM has for what Gil asked is CNOP - updated a
couple of years ago by apar PI17455 - but you do need to know what your
cache lines are.
see http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1PI17455
and http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21687009
Where the OPTABLE value is not one of DOS, 370 or XA, the CNOP generated
no-operation instructions are BRC or BRCL instructions.
Sharuff

IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
24/11/2016 00:50:16:

> From: Paul Gilmartin <00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu>
> To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> Date: 24/11/2016 00:50
> Subject: Re: Rif: Re: EXECUTE Instruction and location of its target
> instruction
> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>
> On 2016-11-23 07:19, aldo.cro...@csebo.it wrote:
> > I think it is appropriate to use a EXRL (execute remote) intest a EX.
> > I also think that it is appropriate to place the subject of education
> > execute close to the EX, preferably after a statement of unconditional
> > branch.
> >
> Is it recommended for legibility/maintainability that the subject appear
> adjacent to the EX rather than after a nearby unrelated branch?
>
> What effect does an unconditional branch have on branch
prediction/pipelining?
> http://www.wrenvironmental.com/commercial/services/pipelining/
>
> Is LOCTR a help?  I can imagine the frustration of a programmer trying
> correlate a dump with a listing where the author has used LOCTR heavily
> and wishing that HLASM had an option to generate SYSPRINT in address
order
> rather than in source order.
>
> Does HLASM have an instruction to cause cache line alignment?  Such an
> instruction would need to be model-sensitive, perhaps governed by
OPTABLE.

> -- gil

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.