I continue not to understand why you repeatedly fail to provide the
information necessary for the good folks on this list to help you.

<snip>
So I have LOAD a module amode 64 rmode 24
</snip>
Your module does not need to match the RMODE of your DCB unless your DCB
is physically resident in the module, namely your module is not reentrant.

<snip>
After loading I turn the 1 bit to the right off now I have a clean half
address
</snip>
Perhaps you didn't do what you thought you did.

<snip>
when I BASR to it bombs and the PSW has the one bit on
</snip>

Show the symptom dump. Show the registers at the time of the error. Show
the information from the program check. Show something...

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design