Interrupts can only be handled between instructions (don't ask me how
pipelining figures)....  except, MVCL has the potential to delay that too
long, so it (and a handful of others) were made to be interruptible.
Probably, that just means the micro/milli-code program gets interrupted
between micro/milli-code instructions.  Possibly, that affects its
performance negatively.  Anyway, for MVCLE, the 4K limit means it can't run
very long anyway, so yeah, it does help keep interrupts flowing.

sas