:: On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:27:10 -0400
:: <calhpkamx-umhq93g4pshni-xjs4doujhvhty7r1cywfkwtj...@mail.gmail.com>
:: K Post <nntp.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> VirusTotal has zero hits on the samples that I submitted, but if
> they're encrypted, that explains why...

I suppose that, since you're talking (ok, writing) about AFC, you're
running ClamAV; now... are you using the extra signatures available
from SaneSecurity ? I'm referring to

to use them you'll need to schedule one of the update scripts available
on Steve's (sanesecurity) site, depending from your OS to ensure your
ClamAV will also use updated "extra" signatures; then, in case the AV
doesn't catch the critters, you may submit samples to Steve and he'll
add signatures on the fly so that you'll have them available in a
really short time :)

Assp-test mailing list