Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:41:15PM -0500, Brian Schrock wrote:

Hello,

I have searched google, read everything on the mailing list, read
/usr/src/asterisk/README.iax and /usr/src/asterisk/doc/iax.txt(?), asked on
the IRC channel and I cannot figure out what is wrong with my IAX2 trunk.

Only asterisk2 of an <ASTERISK1>--LAN--<ASTERISK2>--PSTN will use IAX2
trunking. If I do an "iax2 show trunk" on asterisk1 it says 0 calls on trunk

Do you have a zaptel device on each side? AFAIR zaptel timing is
required for trunking to work.

We have to rename "Zaptel timing" to "Asterisk timer", which is more correct
since there are several ways of getting a timer to work, only one of them
is by using Zaptel cards.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+timer

/Olle