On Thursday 22 February 2018 at 20:07:47, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Thursday 22 February 2018 at 19:10:51, Carlos Chavez wrote:
> >      Usually phone companies set the outgoing CallerID for you but
> >
> > recently we got control over that and are now setting the outgoing
> > Calleir ID ourselves.  My problem now is that the CDR will put the
> > outgoing CID in the CDR instead of the extension that dialed and that
> > causes problems for reports.  What is the proper way to set outgoing CID
> > and keeping the original extension number in the CDR?
>
> Surely the CDR field "clid" is your Caller ID, whereas the CDR field "src"
> is the originating extension?

Another thought - if that doesn't automatically work for you (probably depends
on your dialplan / Asterisk setup), then how about setting:
        CDR(accountcode)=${CALLERID(number)}
in your dialplan sometime before you set the outbound Caller ID to whatever
your PSTN number is?

Then you have the internal extension number in accountcode and the external
CallerID in clid.

Antony.

--
Heisenberg, Gödel, and Chomsky walk in to a bar.
Heisenberg says, "Clearly this is a joke, but how can we work out if it's

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.