Hi.

I have a very old dialplan (ie: a dialplan for a very old version of Asterisk)
which I've just transferred to Asterisk 16.28.0

The [globals] section of that dialplan includes:

        Kphones=SIP/KC470IP&SIP/KSnom870
        Sphones=SIP/SYealinkT38G&SIP/SGC610IP
        Allphones=${Kphones}&${Sphones}

In the old system, this results in ${Allphones} containing:

        SIP/KC470IP&SIP/KSnom870&SIP/SYealinkT38G&SIP/SGC610IP

I can use this in a dial() command.

On the new system, the variable ${Allphones} ends up containing:

        ${Kphones}&${Sphones}

(ie: the unexpanded variable names, not the content of those previously-
defined variables.)

This fairly obviously does not work in a dial() command.

a) is this a deliberate backward incompatiblity at some stage in the
development of Asterisk?

b) if not, is this a known bug?

c) is there some other way I'm supposed to be doing this now, to be able to
define a global variable including the value of another global variable?

d) if not, is there some workaround?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Most people are aware that the Universe is big.

 - Paul Davies, Professor of Theoretical Physics

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.