Marc Gonzalez <mgonza...@freebox.fr> writes:

> On 05/03/2024 15:31, Kalle Valo wrote:
>
>> Thanks, this is exactly what I'm proposing.
>
> With your suggestions, the patch becomes much simpler:

Nice, looks good to me.

> I need to build a kernel + rootfs + FW to test the proposed solution,
> then I can spin a formal submission.

Yeah, please do test this to make sure we are not missing anything :)

> (I didn't understand why this patch requires Dmitry's series?)

Dmitry's patchset is needed so that we can have board specific
firmware-N.bin files. At the moment there can be only one firmware-N.bin
(ath10k/WCN3990/hw1.0/firmware-5.bin) for all boards with WCN3990.

Your patch can be applied to ath.git independently from Dmitry's
patchset but we need Dmitry's patchset applied before updating
linux-firmware.git.

> Do I need to submit a symmetric patch to linux-firmware to define bit 23?
> And also a patch to add the bit to some firmwares? (All msm8998 FWs?)

Me and Jeff can handle linux-firmware.git submission. We will also add
the new bit to ath10k-fwencoder.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches