xavier.bestel at free.fr (Xavier Bestel):
> I'm using hostapd 0.6.9 + kernel 2.6.31 on debian, and it works like
> charm

I'm trying to do this too, but it isn't working.  Anyone can give a
clue what is wrong?

I'm using 2.6.31.5 on Fedora 12 and have built hostapd 0.6.9 for it.
I try to connect to this AP from a Nintendo Wii.  When the Wii scans
for networks, it does find my ssid.  But when doing a "connection
test" it fails.

Running hostapd with -dd flags, it repeatedly writes this during the
test:

    unknown vendor specific information element ignored (vendor OUI 00:10:18
len=9)
    STA 00:23:31:70:a6:d8 sent probe request for our SSID
    MGMT (TX callback) ACK
    mgmt::proberesp cb

The MAC adress 00:23:31:70:a6:d8 is the address of the Wii, so there
is clearly some kind of communication going on.  But something is
still not working.  A clue, anyone?

The complete output from hostapd is available at
  ftp://ftp.uddeborg.se/pub/ath5k-ap/hostapd.out
and my hostapd configuration at
  ftp://ftp.uddeborg.se/pub/ath5k-ap/hostapd-ath0.conf

I had a very similar setup working some time ago using the madwifi
driver.  But I can't seem to get it up with tha ath5k driver now.