On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 22:00 +0100, Göran Uddeborg wrote:

> It seems to work as an access point most of the time, but it is
> somewhat unreliable.  I'm not sure which side of the connection I
> should blame.  Could this be the reason?
>
> And if so, what can I do about it?

You can try compat-wireless.  It's a backport of the latest wireless
drivers to older kernels.

compat-wireless "bleeding edge" is here:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download/

compat-wireless "stable" is here:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download/stable/

"Bleeding edge" would be a good first choice, but if it doesn't work,
try "stable".  Make sure to only enable ath5k by scripts/driver-select
so that you are not thwarted by possible compile errors in other
drivers.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin