On Aug 4, 2005, at 21:55, Joe Gregorio wrote:

"Some sections of this specification are illustrated with fragments of
a non-normative RELAX NG Compact schema [RELAX-NG]. However, the text
of this specification provides the definition of conformance. A
complete schema appears in Appendix B."

This is quoted directly from Section 1.3.

This whitespace issue is a good illustration of why the schema isn't
normative ;)

This thread makes me wonder if taking the schema seriously enough to actually encourage validation against the schema causes more harm than good. Perhaps I should remove the Atom schema from the presets of http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/ .

I would vote for leaving the text as is and having the validator give
errors on whitespace.

ITYM, the Feed Validator and not a RELAX NG validator.

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]