On 8/4/05, Danny Ayers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't really understand why this should be treated any differently
> than the numerous other problematic things that could happen if one
> doesn't take the spec literally. (I'd suggest spec prose trumps RNG
> grammar, as there's a lot of other stuff not expressable in the
> grammar).

"Some sections of this specification are illustrated with fragments of
a non-normative RELAX NG Compact schema [RELAX-NG]. However, the text
of this specification provides the definition of conformance. A
complete schema appears in Appendix B."

This is quoted directly from Section 1.3.

This whitespace issue is a good illustration of why the schema isn't
normative ;)

I would vote for leaving the text as is and having the validator give
errors on whitespace.

We have the same issue with dates and believe they should be flagged
likewise, i.e. errors on whitespace.

   -joe

--
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org