On Aug 17, 2005, at 4:10 AM, Henry Story wrote:

Yes. I agree the problem also exists for complex extensions. My question is the following:

How can a parser that parses atom and unknown extensions, know when to apply the xml base to
an extension element automatically?

It can't.

Anyway to summarise: if you don't want to use the atom:link element then perhaps it would be best to use the xlink:link attributes. I have only read that spec quickly [1] but this would
mean that the following

  <fh:history xlink:href="./archives.archive1.atom">

That would work. I haven't been following this discussion closely enough to understand why there's resistance to <atom:link rel="some- history-thing" ...>

 -Tim