Subscription feed:
  - can contain link/@rel="prev", OR
  - can contain fh:incremental = "false"

I never did understand this. Why is fh:incremental needed here? From a feed history point of view you either have a history (a prev link is present) or you don't. That's all an Atom processor needs in order to reconstruct the feed.

I get that a feed producer may want to provide a non-incremental feed (top 10, todo lists, playlists, etc), but I don't see what that has to do with feed history. Wouldn't that be better suited in a separate extension along with whatever other meta-information might be appropriate for non-incremental lists?

Archive feed:
  - can contain link/@rel="prev" and/or link/@rel="next"
  - can contain link/@rel="subscribe"  (effectively gives you "last")