> Bob Wyman wrote:
>> There is, I think, a compromise position here which will avoid breaking
>> those existing implementations which follow the existing RFC's.
>
> <co-chair-mode>In case you haven't noticed, the WG is hopelessly split
> between the new-media-type option and the media-type-parameter option.
> If a few people were to put up their hands and say "yeah what Bob said"
> your co-chairs would probably do a hasty consensus grab.</co-chair-mode>

Personally, I would say that if we find the proper way to notify
implementors they can't dismiss the type parameter then I'll +1 that
option over the new media type.

However we know that implementations won't make the effort to take it into
account then what's the point over the current status?

- Sylvain