Aye, like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0OQb1DBko where it's twice
emphasized that "there are no typos here--this is what ATS looks like".
Those are the most off-putting.

I would also prefer a more OCaml-like "let val x=1 in (expression)" to the
existing "let val x=1 in (expression) (expression) ... end". Which would be
better in ATS than in OCaml since 'let' isn't otherwise used. Mainly
because there's less to indent:

let cube_round (x, y, z) =
  let round r = floor (r +. 0.5) in
  let rx, ry, rz = round x, round y, round z in
  let xd, yd, zd = abs_float (rx -. x), abs_float (ry -. y), abs_float (rz
-. z) in
  (* ^-- no indentation changes --v *)
  if xd > yd && xd > zd then
    (-. (ry -. rz), ry, rz)
  else if yd > zd then
    (rx, (-. (ry -. rz)), rz)
  else
    (rx, ry, (-. (rx -. ry)))

OTOH, OCaml is not famously regarded as good-looking. On the contrary
Facebook gave it a purely syntatic makeover in ReasonML and people seem to
really like that.

Other than those two I don't have many complaints. Maybe it could be
emphasized more (in documentation) that there's flexibility to do things
different ways. You can use (a; b; ignoreat(c); d) instead of a bunch of
val () =. You can write

datatype rps_move = rock | paper | scissors  // without the parens

, etc.